- A pretentious, showy life is an empty life; a plain and simple life is a full life.
- The rich can be sued for everything they have, but the poor are free of such threats.
- The lives of good people are brightly lit streets; the lives of the wicked are dark alleys.
- Arrogant know-it-alls stir up discord, but wise men and women listen to each other’s counsel.
- Easy come, easy go, but steady diligence pays off.
- Unrelenting disappointment leaves you heartsick, but a sudden good break can turn life around.
- Ignore the Word and suffer; honor God’s commands and grow rich.
- The teaching of the wise is a fountain of life, so, no more drinking from death-tainted wells!
- Sound thinking makes for gracious living, but liars walk a rough road.
- A commonsense person lives good sense; fools litter the country with silliness.
- Irresponsible talk makes a real mess of things, but a reliable reporter is a healing presence.
- Refuse discipline and end up homeless; embrace correction and live an honored life.